Covering University of Colorado sports, mostly basketball, since 2010

Friday, March 11, 2011

Site News: No Live-Blog Today

So good news and bad news.  Bad news: no live-blog today.  The CU/KU semi-final game is after I leave work, and I'm not going to even try to write while I celebrate (read: drink a lot of beer at a sports bar) the Buffs first ever Big XII semi-final appearance.  The good news (at least for me): no live-blog today.  That shit's exhausting, and I miss a lot while trying to keep up with the flow of the game. 

I will have a full wrap-up and finals preview up tonight/tomorrow morning, and I'll have some abbreviated coverage Sunday for the Tournament selection.  Speaking of the Tournament, I was listening to 87.7 this morning, and, contrary to conventional wisdom, this guy thinks CU needs a win today against KU to even make the Tournament.  While I'm not as sure as Lunardi that CU will get a 1st-round bye, I think, at minimum, CU is headed for Dayton regardless of today's outcome. 

It would take a whole lot of bubble nonsense at this point to keep the Buffs out.  Talk about the non-con schedule and 3 bad losses all you want, but those losses were all on the road, and CU has won 5 of it's last 6 games.  I know from years past that the committee weighs your final few games higher than games earlier in the season, and a loss at San Francisco in November shouldn't keep the Buffs from playing in March.

Anyways, for good luck today I'm wearing my Chris Copeland '05-'06 game-worn jersey.  It's even got the Sox Walseth memorial patch on it; I'm sure Sox is looking down with pride at his Buffs right now.

Go get 'em guys, you've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain!

No comments: