Covering University of Colorado sports, mostly basketball, since 2010

Friday, October 28, 2011

Quick Post: Buffs picked 10th in Pac-12

I'm currently sneaking some paragraphs in on my Massive Basketball Preview, but I thought I should mention that the Pac-12 preseason media poll was released today.  The unsurprising results have CU pegged for 10th

I obviously think that 10th is crap.  Even if a lot of things go wrong, CU is destined for better than that.  Focus on departures all you want, and there will be a resulting drop-off, but CU is better prepared to handle roster turnover than in years past, and the Pac-12 is a slightly weaker conference than the old Big XII.  CU will do just fine this season, and should finish no lower than 8th.

For reference, last season's squad that appeared in the NIT Final Four and was so rudely rejected for the Tournament was picked 9th.  CU finished in 5th.  Keep under-rating Colorado basketball at your own peril.

No comments: