Covering University of Colorado sports, mostly basketball, since 2010

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Beer Post: Gameday Beer of the Week - Anchor Steam Porter

Each week throughout the football season I'm going to suggest a good beer for the ubiquitous pre-game tailgate. Let's be honest, with tailgates it's not always top quality that you're looking for. To steal a phrase from the heinous beer terrorists at Budweiser, you want "drinkability." (or what a real beer connoisseur calls "a session beer") So, be warned, these may not be "the best" beers around. But, in the words of Dave Chappelle as Samuel L. Jackson "IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!"

As the Buffs head west to the Bay Area, I'll tag local San Francisco beer Anchor Steam Porter as this week's Gameday Beer of the week!



(A six-pack of these little guys will do you well tomorrow)

I swear the first time I tried Anchor Steam's Porter I though I was drinking chocolate milk. They do a great job of crafting a sweet, rich porter without the heavy bitterness that can sometimes accompany the style. Good stuff, and easy to drink; Perfect for a tailgater who wants just a little bit more from their gameday beer.

Go Buffs!

No comments: